2009 Action/Drama/Adventure Rated PG-13 107 Minutes
|In Theaters||May 1, 2009|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||September 15, 2009|
|On DVD||September 15, 2009|
Hugh Jackman reprises the role that made him a superstar - as the fierce fighting machine who possesses amazing healing powers, retractable claws and a primal fury. Leading up to the events of X-Men, X-Men Origins: Wolverine tells the story of Wolverine's epically violent and romantic past, his complex relationship with Victor Creed, and the ominous Weapon X program. Along the way, Wolverine encounters many mutants, both familiar and new, including surprise appearances by several legends of the X-Men universe whose appearances in the film series have long been anticipated.
Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of action and violence, and some partial nudity.
Box office gross: $179.7 million. View box office history.
Released by 20th Century Studios. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Monday Morning Mixer: SNIKT! SNIKT! 'Wolverine' slices up box office
- 'Wolverine' bares his claws in new trailer
- 'The Wolverine' embraces mortality in first trailers
- 'X-Men: First Class' trailer gets historical
- Cowboys & Aliens & Pirates: A tale of two teaser posters
- Updated: Some casting news on both sides of the comic book war