2009 Family/Fantasy/Drama Rated PG 101 Minutes
|In Theaters||October 16, 2009|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||Not Available|
|On DVD||Not Available|
Max, a rambunctious and sensitive boy feels misunderstood at home and escapes to where the Wild Things are. He lands on an island where he meets mysterious and strange creatures whose emotions are as wild and unpredictable as their actions. The Wild Things desperately long for a leader to guide them, just as Max longs for a kingdom to rule. When Max is crowned king, he promises to create a place where everyone will be happy. Max soon finds, though, that ruling his kingdom is not so easy and his relationships there prove to be more complicated than he originally thought.
Rated PG for mild thematic elements, some adventure action and brief language.
Box office gross: $77.2 million. View box office history.
Released by Warner Bros. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- 'Hangover' vs. 'Up' for Best Picture, what are the odds?
- A lazy look at the winners of the 2010 Golden Globe Awards
- 'Up in the Air,' 'Nine' lead this year's Golden Globe nominations
- 'Up in the Air' soars to first major award win
- Turtle Power! TMNT hits 25, announces new movie
- USA Today's new photos from 'Where the Wild Things Are'